Frequently Asked QuestionsToggle All
Glad you asked. While each dish is fully cooked, how you reheat it can impact the end results. Here are some tips to making the most of your meals:
• The best way to reheat roasted vegetables and meats/fish is in a 350-degree oven. Place your food in an oven safe pan and heat for 8-10 minutes. Use tin foil for easy clean up. (We do!)
• Heat soups or stews on the stove in a small pot or saucepan. Add a few tablespoons of water. Recheck seasoning—you might be inclined to add more salt.
• Reheat pasta on the stove. Start by adding the sauce and a few tablespoons of water to a sauté pan. Heat over medium heat until sauce is just warm, then add pasta and mix until hot. Use any cheeses or seasonings at the end. Feel free to add a dash of olive oil or more salt.
• In general, it’s best to reheat slowly and with gentle heat. Oven and stove top will yield better results.
• You can also reheat food in the microwave. Worth noting: Our containers are 100% BPA-free and microwave safe.
We sure do! In addition to fully covering Philadelphia, we currently deliver to various neighborhoods outside of Philadelphia.
Each week we provide a diverse menu offering that includes gluten-free options as well as vegetarian and vegan dishes. We have a handful of customers with specific dietary restrictions, and we are always thinking of healthy, tasty, and creative dishes for everyone to enjoy. In addition, we make it easy for you during the order process to list any dietary restrictions or preferences.
We don’t necessarily count calories at Home Appétit, but rather we think about each ingredient, dish, and complete meal and evaluate its overall nutritional content. Our diet philosophy is moderation while enjoying maximum flavor. So, what exactly does that mean? For starters, we only use all-natural sustainable meat and fish and whenever possible we source local organic produce; we cook with the healthiest of oils – such as olive, coconut, and sesame; and are highly conscious of sodium levels. We use fresh herbs, blend spices, and source the highest quality ingredients to impress both your taste buds and your waist line.
The minimum order is four selections from each of the two categories (“greens/grains” & “entrées”). A total of eight dishes make up a complete order, but you have the ability to further customize with additional portions if you know you are having guests, or are ordering a favorite dish that you just can’t get enough of. Additional greens & grains cost $6.00/portion, and any additional entrees cost $10.00/portion.
Absolutely. Our fresh meal delivery service starts at $100.00 for one person, and each additional person is $50.00.
Yes, of course. Furthermore, if you and your colleagues would like to order lunch for the week, we can accommodate that too. Sometimes turkey sandwiches and protein shakes just won’t do the trick anymore!
All of your meals are freshly made from scratch, so if you have any allergies, or simply dislike a particular ingredient, please let us know within the “notes” section of your order, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Part of the beauty of our service is that there is no weekly commitment from you. The purpose of Home Appétit is to simplify your life. Therefore, we encourage you to enjoy Home Appétit at your convenience.
We create our menus each week knowing that many of our clients enjoy dining out and being social. With that in mind, you can easily mix and match each dish to create lunch or dinner – guaranteed to be healthy and delicious.