Our Sustainability Efforts
- While all our meals are individually packaged, getting food that’s already prepared means less supermarket waste. (Our containers are also recyclable, reusable, and BPA-free.) We also work with our farm partners to minimize single-use packaging and recycle boxes and crates.
- Our streamlined ordering process allows us to operate a nearly Zero Waste kitchen. We only cook what has been ordered, which keeps food waste to a minimum. We compost any food waste and fryer oil by walking it across the parking lot to our friends at Heritage Farm. Any additional prepared food is distributed to people in need through partner organizations.
- We aim to buy local first and from farmers who use sustainable practices.
- We collect, clean and reuse our bags and ice packs.
- On the delivery side of things, we have invested in technology that makes our “last mile delivery” as efficient as possible by optimizing driver routes so they spend less time on the road.
- Many of you have asked about reusable packaging for our meals. This is something we're actively looking to implement. We've had many conversations and done a lot of research and have piloted a reusable container program with our personal chef clients. Stay tuned as we put the pieces together!
We know we can always do better! We’d love to hear your ideas and feedback—reach us here.